Utah Down Syndrome Foundation
Up for Down Syndrome Century Bike Ride
I attest that I will not participate in the Up for Down Syndrome Century Ride if I knowingly have COVID-19 symptoms such as fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
I attest that I will not participate in the Up for Down Syndrome Century Ride if I have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus within 2-14 days of the Up for Down Syndrome Century Ride.
In addition, with the full knowledge and appreciation that road biking is a potentially hazardous activity,
- I attest that I am medically able and properly trained to participate in this event.
- I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the event and by any decision of a ride official relative to my ability to safely complete the bike ride.
- I assume all risks associated with participating in this event including, but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, including high humidity, traffic and the conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me and hereby waive and release the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation and any and all persons, sponsors, and entities, their representatives and successors from any and all liability or responsibility for injuries and/or property damage which I may sustain during the event or during my travel to or from the event, though said liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the participant named above. In addition, I agree to defend and indemnify the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation and any and all persons, sponsors, and entities, their representatives and successors from any claim or action filed by a third party due to my actions in this event.
- This waiver and release covers myself (including all heirs, executors, or administrators) and is given in consideration of the acceptance of my registration/entry into the Up for Down Syndrome Century Ride. In addition, I agree to defend and indemnify the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation from any claim or action filed by a third party due to my actions in this event.
IF PARTICIPANT IS A MINOR: This is to certify that my child has permission to compete in this event, and I hereby certify that to the best of my knowledge and belief said minor is in good health. I hereby give permission to event officials to secure emergency treatment for my child. I consent to whatever x-ray, examination, anesthetic, medical, surgical or dental diagnosis or treatment and hospital care are considered necessary in the best judgment of the attending physician, surgeon or dentist and performed by or under the supervision of the medical staff of the hospital or facility furnishing medical or dental services. It is further understood that the undersigned will assume full responsibility for any such action, including payment of costs. I have read and fully understand this liability waiver and release for the Up for Down Syndrome Century Ride on September 19, 2020.
- I further grant full permission to the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation and/or agents authorized by them to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of this event for any purpose.
My checking the box on the registration page represents my signature in acknowledgment and agreement to this waiver.